Monday, December 14, 2009

Crab Alfredo

I got back into my food rut and I'm trying to climb back out! It's hard not to get into those silly ruts.

Tonight I decided to go with a crab dish. I haven't made one yet and thought it would a nice change. Unfortunatly, I went with imitation crab. In the past, I have had imitation crab in salads and whatnot and have loved it. I learned tonight though, it's best to go with real crab when heating it.

Other than the texture of the imitaion crab this meal was amazingly tasty and I'll make it again for sure!

3 T butter
2 T flour
2 cloves garlic (next time I'll use three)
3.5 cups of milk (about)
2 oz cream cheese
2 t black peper
pinch of curry powder
pinch of oregano
pinch of fresh basil leaves
3/4 box of medium size pasta shells

I did the basic white sauce. Melting the butter, adding the garlic then the flour. Then I added in my milk and seasonings. Started my noodles since my water was now boiling in the other pot. Just before my white sauce started to boil I threw in the cream cheese and stired it until it was melted. Finally I added in the crab meat. After about a minute I dished it up and we both enjoyed our new fancy crab dish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment