Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stovetop Popcorn!


I received an amazing Back to the Basics Popcorn maker as a wedding gift. Sadly, I hadn't used it until last week. I thought it was going to be a little more difficult which is why it took me a year to use it. I was AMAZED at how simple and quick it popped the popcorn! It was cooked within a minute! I'm never buying bags of popcorn again! Seriously, this pan made it so easy and fun!

You just need a popcorn pan ($20 at Target or Walmart). Pour in about 1 Tablespoon of oil and place 2 kernels on the bottom. Turn the stove on med high. Once the kernels pop, add in 1/2 cup of kernels and turn the handle as they pop!

Once it was finished we sprinkled a little salt and pepper on top. So yummy! 
 

Cool facts:
  • Popcorn is a really healthy snack (just don't add extra butter)
  • It's full of fiber and low on callories
  • You can season it with salt, pepper, parm. cheese, sugar and cinnamon... the list goes on!
  • Selena Gomez likes her Texas style: about 10 drops of tabasco sauce, salt and dipped in pickle juice!
  • It's SUPER easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment