Monday, October 26, 2009

Enchiladas



Enchilada's are one of my favorite foods! YUM! I love all kinds too; chicken with creamy sauce, beef with red sauce, beef with green sauce, chicken with red sauce... you get the point.

This weekend I had my in-laws over for dinner. With two extra men (one being a teenager) I needed to make a lot of food. The first thing that came to mind? Enchiladas!

With a busy Sunday ahead, I wanted to get as much done as I could the night before so I made 3 pounds of hamburger with one large onion.  We ate one pound as tacos for dinner. I saved the other two pounds for the enchiladas. Then I made the sauce. I hate to admit, I used 2 McCormick packets rather than learning how to make it from scratch. I put 1/2 cup in the hamburger and put the in the refrigerator.

Sunday, around 5:00 I pulled out my sauce and hamburger, got the tortillas and cheese out and preheated the oven to 350. I poured the sauce onto the pan, filled tortillas, covered with sauce and cheese and threw them in the oven for 40 minutes. Ta da! There you have 12 enchiladas! It fed all 5 of us and we still have plenty of leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment