Thursday, October 1, 2009

Couscous!

As you all have heard, I LOVE to try new foods. Yesterday while shopping at Target (which happens to be my favorite store!), I found myself in front of some couscous. I then realized that I needed to make some to see how I like it! It was just the box variety, like Pasta Roni, but I figured it would be a good place to start.

Since we were introducing one new food, I decided to also make Pigs in a blanket. They aren't my favorite but Gary hadn't tried them before and I loved them as a child.

It sounds like a silly meal... Couscous and pigs in a blanket? (Oh excuse me, Gary corrected me and told me that the correct name is "smoked sausages in croissants" ).HA HA! It was delicious non the less.

The couscous had an amazing texture! The flavor was sun dried tomato, which I don't particularly like but if I buy the plain couscous I can make it any flavor I want! Gary liked both dishes a lot! He even went as far as saying he "Loves" them both!!!

Wahoo! We found two new dishes that we like! It was a successful day in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment